Life With The Bolli's

Life in the Bolli home is an ever changing adventure. We see the hand of the Lord in our lives every day and hope to keep a record of many of those blessing here on our blog. We are so grateful for all of the moments of our lives that help us to grow and to become who we really are.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We love science!

getting everything ready for the big experiment.





Korbing making his hypothesis.








We love science!


The other day during school Kiriauna said to me "I want to do a science experiment". I asked her what she had in mind and she told me some ideas that she had. I told her to make a list and to gather and prepare everything she would need to do it, and I would be there if she had any questions. For the next hour she dilligently worked. She labeled 5 small cups with numbers 1-5 and labeled them with different food items from oatmeal to baking soda. Then she filled one cup with water (labeled with a "W") and one cup with vinegar (labled with a "V"). Then she made 3 coordinating sheets of paper with sqares and numbers on them for Korbin, Jakob and I to write down our hypothesis on. The idea was to mix each food item with water and then with vinegar one at a time and decide what we thought the reaction would be. By the time we got to the vinegar and baking soda they had decided that they "really love science!" I was really impressed. Korbin loved writing his hypothesis, Jakob was on the floor with Regs most of the time (except when things got really exciting!) and Kiriauna did the whole thing herself with little help from me. I love seeing our children love to learn. They are wonderful examples and motivators to me.

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with Kiri. I don't think I could've come up with a better project.

    ReplyDelete